Rest and Renew

One of my favorite things about living in New York City is the vast array of furniture that can be found sitting on the sidewalk, up for grabs. Trash to treasure, rings true. This street find chair has been hanging out in the hallway for quite some time awaiting a make-over. Recently I've painted my back room white in preparation for it to become a studio, and now I think it's about time the chair had a fresh take too. I've been experimenting with felting wool lately, which can be ordered in three ways: roving (lose fibers), batts (sheets of wool), and prefelts (partially felted sheets). To make the cushion, I used this red-violet prefelt. It's soft and bright! I'm happy with the result. Next step is to choose a color to paint the rest of the chair. photograph by Gina Houseman

No comments: